Thanks to those of you who made it to our intro meeting! FILL OUT THIS FORM by Thursday Sept 12th to sign up for the initiative(s) you’re interested in getting involved in this semester.
If you couldn’t make our intro meeting, no worries! You can definitely still join; see the descriptions of our initiatives below (powerpoint here: HAP intro 2013 fall) and contact the relevant board member if you have specific questions about that initiative. Then, fill out the form above by the Thursday Sept 12th deadline.
Don’t forget to join our fb group here!
1. Education Studies Program (ESP; teach high school students about the biology of nutrition and/or Sound Knowledge on Saturdays at Maxwell Dworkin (right on Harvard’s campus!)) Tiffany Lopinsky <firstname.lastname@example.org> & Gita Bhattacharya <email@example.com>
2. Splash (same materials as ESP except condensed into a 2-day program) Tiffany Lopinsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>
3. Citizen schools (teach junior high students in Boston about healthy living topics like nutrition, food advertising, vitamins, obesity & diabetes, and/or your own topic of choice! It’s a plus if you have Spanish and/or Chinese speaking skills as well. Happens once a week on a school day for ~3 hours in the afternoon (exact time will depend on your schedule once you sign up on the google form)) If you’re interested, send an email asap to Alice Li <email@example.com> (HAP president), Andrew Kalina <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Jason Gandelman <email@example.com> (Citizen program directors).
4. Faculty chats (If a professor you know does research/teaches on a health-related topic, invite him/her to share ideas with undergrads over lunch/dinner! This is a really great way to get to know your professors better.) Alice Li <firstname.lastname@example.org>
5. Cooking seminars (Ever notice how common it is for undergrads to not know how to cook? Learn simple, healthy recipes from our board member Marissa, and/or help her teach a lesson! These will happen once a month, possibly in various dining halls- contact Marissa if you’re interested in either participating or helping to organize/teach!) Marissa Grenon ’14 <email@example.com>
6. Life is Good Parties/Socials (Picture yourself as a future HAP board member? Here’s your chance to get creative by organizing “life-is-good” themed social events for undergrads!) Alice Li <firstname.lastname@example.org>
7. HAP Insanity Workouts (Insanity is a cardio workout program that requires no props- so join us if you want to try something new, challenge yourself, and have a blast while meeting new people! We’ll set up a regular time depending on sign-ups.) Alice Li <email@example.com>
8. Annenberg Fruit Study Break (Contact alice if you want to help set up a fruit buffet study break in Annenberg! Freshmen out there, get ready for the dry cereal & chex mix at Brain Break in the dhalls- it gets unappetizing fast.) Alice Li <firstname.lastname@example.org>
9. Blogging for HAP (If you have blogging experience and/or like to read up on health-themed articles every once in a while, why not turn it into a club activity? Many undergrads will benefit from reading what you post!) Juliet Bailin <email@example.com> & Emery Poor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
10. Defeating Malaria (HAP is partnering with the Harvard School of Public Health to raise awareness about defeating malaria. There’s an ongoing competition for $10,000 to develop an idea for on-campus malaria awareness (deadline Oct 31st); there’s also an ongoing seminar with incredible faculty (first one’s Sept 13th!) See the defeating malaria website for details, or contact both “Andersen, Anna” <email@example.com> and Alice Li <firstname.lastname@example.org>
11. HAP Webmaster & Social Media Manager (Have experience with websites and social media? Help HAP spread our passion for health with the world and boost your chances of a HAP board position!) Juliet Bailin <email@example.com> & Emery Poor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
12. HAP Videographer (Help HAP by making a short & simple documentary-style video of our initiatives this semester! Plus it means you’re obligated to attend our parties & socials 🙂 Professional experience preferred though not required.) Juliet Bailin <email@example.com> & Emery Poor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
13. HAP Photographer (Have design experience? Stop by our various initiatives this semester and work with our webmaster to keep a lively gallery of our ongoing programs!) Juliet Bailin <email@example.com> & Emery Poor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
14. HAP Social Event Organizer (Want to test your creativity and leadership? Get involved in planning our Fruit Study Break & Life is Good Parties!) Alice Li <email@example.com>
What’s the process for becoming a board member?
Tell them to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org! 🙂 They can also join our fb group here!